Making a Positive Difference from Local Community to Planet
Last year, SummerToast guests helped make the event green Greener GREENEST! Because of your efforts, we were able to divert 2,400 pounds of waste from landfills. That’s 91% of all discards from the event. Together, we avoided releasing 5,007 pounds of greenhouse gas emissions into the atmosphere.
It’s not a one person job. It definitely takes a winning team to accomplish this success. Thanks to all of you for going green.
All attendees, sponsors, exhibitors and suppliers can help. Here are a few examples:
- Location of venue: easy access – take the bus, 16th Street Shuttle, Light Rail, or ride a Denver Bike Sharing Program bike to the event.
- Recycle and compost with the help of volunteers at waste diversion stations.
- Food & beverage service: We asking all food and drink vendors to use recyclable service ware.
- Paperless, web-based registration; dispose of your paper tickets in recycling at the event.
- Formal exhibitor greening programs will help minimize waste; and we ask -- no Styrofoam.
- Communications/outreach consists primarily of web-based communications. Small amount of printing, done by Yellow Dog Printing, on recycled paper with soy based inks.
- Signage printed on enviroboard and packaged without plastics; done by Yellow Dog Printing.
- MOST IMPORTANT – ATTENDEE SUPPORT: Everyone can pitch in! Together, we can make a positive difference.
Sustainability efforts are also about community. This year’s community charity – Mission Wear
, a Passion for People and Upcycle – ties in beautifully with sustainability initiatives. Mission Wear is a non-profit sewing business that hires women with obstacles to employment. They create reusable products like bags and totes from upcycled materials like banners, jeans, burlap coffee bags and scrap fabrics…fabrics that would otherwise go into landfill. Stop by their exhibit and say hello. You’ll definitely want one of their unique creations.
Community organizations that promote sustainability.
This year, a number of organizations that support education and information sharing regarding sustainability initiatives in business will be joining us. Learn more here, or visit them at SummerToast:
Win Lunch or Dinner at City Grille – by Going Green:
Take Alternative Transportation to SummerToast
You Could Win a $50 Gift Card to City Grille
, one of the city’s hottest restaurants! Instead of driving to SummerToast, just ride your bike, the mall ride, any form of RTD, or even a B-Cycle! SummerToast is committed to reducing the energy consumed throughout this event, and that includes CO2 emissions generated by driving to and from the event. Provide some form of verification* for your alternative transportation means and be entered into a drawing for your chance to enjoy delicious food and great time at City Grille**. OMG, fantastic burgers, delicious nightly specials, and great pub atmosphere.
*Proof of transportation can be, but not limited to, a bike helmet or bike lock, a B-Cycle receipt, a RTD pass or ticket. We understand that some forms of verification may be more difficult than others and would like to utilize the honor system in such cases.
**You do not need to be present to win.
Being good to our planet. Taking steps that are needed within our community. Networking and creating great relationships. Having a darn good time. That’s what SummerToast is all about.
SummerToast event greening program is managed by FaceTimeStrategy events division.